Nicosia, Cyprus Hyperion Systems Engineering (Hyperion), the leading independent solutions provider to the global process industries, announces that it will supply to ABB in Italy (ABB) an Operator Training Simulator (OTS).
Hyperion Simulation will be the main supplier for the OTS system, and responsible for the functionality, handover and maintenance of the simulator. This project is for the provision of a stand alone OTS system solution, connected to ABB ITS equipment.
For operator training purposes, it is important that the simulation environment is as realistic as possible. This fully stimulated OTS solution allows the simulator to represent the actual DCS operator consoles and the training environment is as similar as possible to that in the control room. The OTS will have real ABB DCS hardware for the operator consoles and the operator ‘graphics’ will be identical to the real DCS graphics, so that operators can get a feel for the operation of the system using exactly the same hardware, software and user interface.
Hyperion Simulation’s general approach is to provide an accurate, high-fidelity, easy-to-maintain simulator that can be used for operator training, verification of operating procedures, control strategy testing and operations improvements across the process lifecycle. To obtain more information on this and other Hyperion OTS projects, please visit: www.hyperionsystems.net/ots.
Hyperion Simulation’s turnkey responsibilities on the OTS project will include:
- Development of first-principle dynamic process models which can describe the plant behavior with high-fidelity, using DYNSIM™ dynamic simulation software.
- Provision of the interface that integrates the ABB DCS system with the process simulation environment.
- Emulation of the ESD and safety systems and integration with the process models
- Integration of the ABB DCS System with the process models and the ESD
- Development of Instructor and Field Operator Station
- Hardware and software procurements
- Installation and commissioning at site
- Provision of appropriate training and documentation (manuals and specifications)
Mr. Dean R. Jones, Executive Vice President of Hyperion Simulation stated, “We are delighted to be working with ABB for the provision of this Operator Training Simulator. The Hyperion OTS will greatly assist the operations team to develop the skills to operate the plant, using the new ABB DCS control system which will replace the pneumatic instrumentation.”
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 150,000 people.
For more information, see ABB online at www.abb.com
DYNSIM™ is a trademark of Invensys plc, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
All other logotypes, brands and product names may be the trademarks, service marks or copyrighted property of their representative owners.
LINKS AND MATERIAL
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RELEASE IN PDF